To inquire about employment opportunities, please email your resume and portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please.
Senior Project Architect (10+ Years Experience) – New York & Washington D.C.
WXY is seeking an experienced Architect with 10+ years post graduate experience in NYC.
At WXY we look for capable, enthusiastic, curious people who are interested in a range of project types to form part of our dynamic team. The position will require the ability to lead an architectural project independently, under the direction of the Principle, and balance production tasks with coordination and client responsibilities. This position is an integral part of the WXY’s design process and requires close collaboration with the entire design team, office principals, consultants and clients. Construction experience and Revit skills are essential.
- 10+ years of post graduate experience
- Comprehensive understanding of building systems and NYC/NY building code
- Comprehensive understanding of the requirements of the ADA, and its application to the built environmentInterest in contemporary design culture and technological innovations
- Critical software requirements include: Revit, Bluebeam, Office suite
- A flexible and open attitude towards various ways of working, and a commitment to excellence
Experience & Qualifications
- Good written and verbal skills
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Professional degree in architecture
- Construction documentation and Revit experience
- Demonstrated CA experience
- Experience coordinating consultant
- BIM models through all phases on an architectural project
- Construction drawing set management, and ability to convert design intent into Construction Documents
- Experience in either civic buildings (Parks Department facilities buildings) or multi-unit residential/ affordable housing will be viewed favorably, as would an understanding of HPD requirements.
- Knowledge of the DOB filing process, NYC zoning requirements and a good understanding of the energy code will be key to success in this role.
- Able to work in the USA.
We are budgeting $80-$95k p/a for this position, however the eventual offer will be based on your qualifications and experience. This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. WXY offers a flexible workplace, however some physical presence in the office is strongly preferred.
Urban Data Analyst – New York
This role will engage a range of urban planning disciplines, including master planning, zoning, school planning, community engagement, economic development, sustainability, resiliency, and mobility. The role requires performing research, analysis, and writing tasks, developing visual materials, and engaging in discussions related to the studio’s ongoing work and business initiatives.
Strong python skills are required for this role, which will include school boundary modeling.
- Strong data, analytical research, and mapping (ArcMap or QGIS) skills
- Fluency in python, particularly with data science packages (pandas,geopandas, numpy, networkx, matplotlib, scipy)
- Fluency with Adobe CC tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Strong written & verbal communicationAbility to work both independently and collaboratively, and to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of NYC & DMV regionsExperience and interest in community-based planning, virtual engagement, school boundary modeling & facility planning, transportation planning with an emphasis on electrification and shared mobility.
We are budgeting $65–$85k p/a for this position, however, the eventual offer will be based on your qualifications and experience. An applicant’s experience may also qualify for a Sr. Urban Analyst role. This is a full-time position.
Graduate or undergraduate degree in urban and regional planning, geography, economics, computer science, data science, information science, policy, education.
Senior Urban Planner – New York
This role will engage a range of urban planning disciplines, including master planning, zoning, school planning, community engagement, economic development, sustainability, resiliency, and mobility. The role requires client and team management; directing research, analysis, and writing tasks related to planning and urban design projects; leading community engagement; developing presentations and visual materials, and supporting discussions related to the studio’s ongoing work and business initiatives.
- Ability to analyze and interpret a range of data and information
- Ability to synthesize ideas into a narrative
- Ability to write clearly, and concisely if needed
- Ability to manage components of projects and communicate with other staff, consultants, and clients
- Strong verbal communication skills, particularly with respect to community stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with the built environment and current urban policy issues
- Interest in and awareness of project budgets and commercial issues
- Spreadsheet modeling skills
- Familiarity with ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of NYC & DMV regions
We are budgeting $75–$95k p/a for this position, however, the eventual offer will be based on your qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position.
Graduate degree in urban and regional planning, urban design, geography, economics, computer science, data science, information science, policy, and education.