Architectural Visualization Artist (Intern)
The WXY team has a wide range of expertise and handles a great diversity of projects which creates a dynamic office environment where cross-disciplinary team work is essential. Our emerging Visualization Department is looking to expand in order to push design ideas and amplify our projects for greater impact.
This is a full-time, Architectural Visualization Artist internship. The role requires an ability to integrate visualization throughout the full range of design tasks-- from supporting conceptual design to assisting construction details. The candidate should possess strong design skills, excellent visual communication skills, a good eye, and a strong technical aptitude for learning new tools and techniques.
A particular focus of the position will be to develop design ideas through photorealistic renderings, ensuring that built elements, materials, lighting, and contextual elements (including demographics) are represented accurately. a variety of high quality representational media including; conceptual diagrams, design drawings, visualization, model making, as well as putting together presentations and marketing proposals. Construction documentation experience and Revit skills are essential. The position will require the ability to work independently and as part of an effective team.
At WXY we are looking for capable, enthusiastic, curious people who are willing to get involved in a range of project types and office initiatives and to form part of our dynamic, mission-driven, 45 person, international team.
- To understand the design project
- To support design with high quality, photorealistic rendered perspectives and orthographic/isometric drawings
- To support all phases of design with technically accurate and emotionally evocative photorealistic interior and exterior renderings from 2D/3D CAD/BIM data
- Hard surface modeling, lighting and material setup in 3DS Max + Corona
- Post-processing in Photoshop CC
- To maintain an organized content workflow throughout production consistent with office procedures and standards
- To report directly to project leads and office Principals
- To ensure the timely completion of all design materials
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the aforementioned responsibilities
- Strong design and representational skills
- Strong awareness of contemporary design culture and technological innovations
- Software requirements include: 3DS Max, Corona, Photoshop, Rhino, AutoCAD, Revit
- Strong understanding of PBR (Physically-Based Rendering) workflow
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn new digital tools
- Excellent organizational skills and able to manage time effectively
- Able to take initiative in response to direction
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and a commitment to excellence
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Web-design and web-content management Experience with Vray, Enscape, MAXScript, Python, VR/AR applications is an asset
- Experience with Maxwell, Sketchup, and similar programs
Experience & Qualifications:
- Able to work in the USA and begin work immediately
- Fluent in English (excellent written and verbal skills)
- Professional degree in architecture, animation, or related
- 1-3 years professional architectural and/or visualization experience
- 3DS Max, Rhino 3D and Photoshop CC experience are critical
This description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and changes to the position duties may be required from time to time. There is a requirement for post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or national origin. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and other protected veterans. WXY is committed to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
Please email cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.